Plain ring gages are ideal for inspecting outside diameters of manufactured parts. With Go/No Go ring gages, an inspector can quickly pass/fail parts without taking time consuming readings from a measuring instrument. Plain ring gages are also ideal for use as masters for setting bore gages, air gages, and internal micrometers. By using the same size master ring gage, lead error on measurements can be eliminated. Ring gages are available in class XX thru class ZZ gagemaker tolerances. Cylindrical Ring Gages are available in quality tool steel, chrome, carbide and ceramic materials.
• MASTER: bilateral (split) tolerance.
• GO: unilateral (one way) minus tolerance.
• NOGO: unilateral (one way) plus tolerance.
• Ring Gages are manufactured in accordance with ANSI spec B89.1.6 – 1989.
• ROUNDNESS and TAPER of all gages will not exceed 50% of applicable gagemaker’s size tolerance and are nonaccumulative.
- Cylindrical plug gage tolerance is GO (Plus) and NOGO (Minus).Master cylindrical plug gage tolerance is 50% Plus 50% Minus.
- Master setting disc tolerance is 50% Plus 50% Minus.
- Cylindrical plain ring gage tolerance is GO (Minus) and NOGO (Plus).
- Master ring gage tolerance is 50% Plus and 50% Minus.